knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

In the mail!


I did it! I sent my sock pal socks by the May 2 deadline!

Here's how it went down: I frantically decreased gusset stitches during "24" last night, then knit the foot during lunch today (yes, at a table, at a restaurant, in between bites of pizza). After work, I decreased for the toe while watching Oprah.

At 5 p.m. straight up, I wove in the last end and packaged it all up. Then I hopped on my bike, rode to the post office, got it stamped (after waiting in line behind a woman in a lengthy discussion with the postal janitor about her parcel) and put it in the bin five minutes before pick up. I know, I know. I really shouldn't be so proud of myself for nearly failing to get it mailed. But the deadline at the post office across town is much later (in my defense) and those of us procrastinators know there's nothing like just squeaking in through the slamming door of a deadline.

Sock details: Lorna's Laces in a color I like to call "summer beach" (the Lorna's Lace's people apparently prefer "Aslan"). I used the Waving Lace Socks pattern from Spring 2004 Knits, with really no variations, except for the odd (barely noticeable) mistake or two. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home