knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In a Fit!


Fitted Knits Shrug 2
Originally uploaded by knitfreak.
So here it is: My first project from Fitted Knits (that I didn't have to rip, that is) for the Fitted Knits-along. The details: Two balls in yellow Karabella Aurora 8; two balls of the multi orangish/reddish color in Karabella Melange. Pure yum! I loved knitting with this yarn. I wanted to marry it. When I got to the part where I bound off, I felt sort of sad and wished that I were making a full blown sweater.

But then I tried it on and all that nonsense was forgotten. This is a GREAT pattern. Fun to knit. Clever construction. Nice fit. Everything I could ask for.

Now if only I could say the same about the second Fitted Knits pattern I'm working on. Or should I say almost finished but might never finished? I'm making the Bulky Mini Cardi, and when I bound off this morning, found myself with about five inches of live stitches left and not a scrap of yarn to finish them with. Argh. Argh!!!!

Must. Breathe.

And go put on my cute shrug.

P.S. I just signed up for Sockapalooza 4, because I need to get my sock knitting on.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger larissa said...

That is just gorgeous, and the fit is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home