knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Puffed Sleeve Cardigan 2


Puffed Sleeve Cardigan 2
Originally uploaded by knitfreak.
It's Fitted Knits, the sequel. And while I thought nothing could top the first entry (the ribbed shrug), this one definitely comes close. It may even be the Spiderman 2 of Fitted Knits (fitting, isn't it, then that it's red?).

The details: I used Knit Picks Merino Style in Maple Leaf (just like the sweater in the book). The project took six skeins, and I do mean six skeins. I have about a yard left over.

I followed the instructions in the book to make a 33-inch chest (instead of 34) and made it a few inches longer (because I am longer).

I began it on a flight home from Baltimore. I bound off at a party with my knitting friends. I sewed the buttons on while watching America's Next Top Model.

Overall, a very satisfying knit.

Now, on to Fitted Knits project 3! (I'm not counting the two failures caused by my boneheaded yarn substitution ideas).

(I've also got another couple of projects on the needles. See photos of them on my Flickr page. I'll be blogging on those as soon as I make a dent in that huge stack of portfolios I need to grade by the end of the week).

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger melissa said...

wow, it looks really pretty!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Brynne said...

I'm in love! Now if only I felt like wearing fitted knits right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home