knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wheelin'

You spin me right round baby! I've hopped on the pinwheel baby blanket bandwagon and here's my progress. This is my first official knitalong and I was so psyched I pinwheeled all through the two-hour season finale of the Amazing Race (you go, Uchenna and Joyce!). Here's a peak at my progress (I've got about 240 stitches on ye olde needles just now). I love the rosy color, and while early results looked more raspberry beret, I think it will end up rosebud. I'm planning a green cottony crocheted border that I hope will add to the whole flower effect (without getting too Anne Geddes).

Details:

Started: May 9.
Yarn: Schoeller Esslinger Merino Soft from my good friends at Elann.
Needles: 6 (for a soft, loose gauge, for speedier knitting, and because I have three sets of size 6 circulars and only one set of size 5)
Pattern: Free pinwheel pattern. I'm adding a purl ridge about every 10 rows (when the stitches between the yos are multiples of 5 [see, I really can do math!])
Border: I'm thinking something crocheted and something green.
Gauge: About 6 stitches per inch
Recipient: My little niece, due for arrival in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home