knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Long Road


The long, long Lucky sleeve, the first of two, and the only part of this project I've completed. I had this fantasy of finishing this cardi and wearing it on my birthday, but that, my friends, is less than a month away. I'm thinking maybe by the birthday after that....

Speaking of long and winding roads, I've embarked on a yarn diet, my first since I took up knitting and took to yarn buying like a good little out-of-control consumer. The skinny (or is it "to get to the skinny"?): I've got to knit up 30 skeins of yarn before I let my fingers type elann into my browser. So far, I've knit four skeins. In return, I have a lovely scarf I hope to sell at a craftfest this Christmas and a pair of baby socks I wove the sweet little ends into approximately 20 minutes before the baby shower started. Frankly, I'm a little frightened. I've never been one to have much willpower....

....which leads me to the Western Idaho Fair, the corndog and curly fries with feta I ate and the long road to being able to fit into my favorite pair of jeans. Okay, so I can't blame this blip of end-of-summer weight gain completely on my five hours pigging out on fried Snickers bars and fried fat and sugar in general. There was also the shower cake and the super sugary frosting, of which I licked every. last. drop.

It's fall, a season to shed yarn and bad habits. But wait, all this sugar/fiber withdrawal is making my fingers especially twitchy. And I really should check out the Elann link before I publish it in this post....

 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Tara said...

keep plugging away on Lucky! I knit the sleeves first b/c they're the WORST. It definitely helps b/c the other pieces seem to fly by!

All that talk of fair food is making me hungry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home