knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Socks Off His Feet


Okay, so I couldn't pry the socks off D's feet. So I took the picture with his feet in them. The details: I used Elann's Sock It To Me yarn and size 1 addis. Note the stealth stripes toward the end of the socks. No one but me and D know they are there (unless, of course, he's got them out of the shoes and propped up on the coffee table as shown here).

I haven't made socks for awhile, not since I helped the junior high knitters with theirs. One pair and I'm sock crazy again, stocking up on sock yarn, flipping through old issues of Knits looking for sock patterns, itching to cast on, even though Lucky is enough of a small needle project for any one knitter at any one time. But, as D says when he's wearing his new socks: "It's like little hugs on my feet." You can't beat that.

In other stitch marker news, I went to post the pictures of the markers I had made, but they make you think you've got the wrong glasses on or you're a little bit drunk. I can't take new pictures as they've all been shipped. Sigh. The never ending struggle to outwit the digital camera.  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the stitch markers! I received them today and they are just adorable. The posties are too cute too and very thoughtful of you!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger renee said...

Thanks so much for the lovely stitch markers!! I'm really taken with the beautiful colors and love them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home