knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Still on the road

Here's another posting from the road. Work on D's sock has come to a halt as I realized halfway through the gussett decreases that this, the second sock, was significantly shorter than the first. Drat. And now for some on the road ripping.

As for the trip, it's been splendid. Yosemite is beautiful. I lost D on a hike and cried in front of a nice man named Richard who helped calm me down until D came off the mountain. The entire incident was entirely my fault. Really, I have no common sense.

In Yosemite, we stayed in this place called Curry Village, with wall-to-wall tent cabins, shared bathrooms, and about a million middle-school aged kids there for some program. We ate pizza two nights in a row, and one day, due to my poor planning, went on a 8-mile-round-trip, straigh-up-straight-down hike with only banana chips and sesame honey almonds for lunch. Needless to say, when we drove into Chico, CA, (where we are now) and walked into our fabulous room at the Hotel Diamond, I felt like I'd gone to heaven.

On the agenda today: More bike riding, burrito eating (we had burritoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday), knitting, and yarn shop finding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home