knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tuesday, June 14, 2005


Here it is, the short sweater thingy from Summer VK 2005 (one of two projects I hauled up to the mountains with us in the Boler; the other project: The pinwheel blankie, which just gets bigger and bigger but not yet big enough).

I used Tahki Cotton Classic for this sweetie and DirtyPurls' notes on using short row shaping for the shoulders, thus eliminating two pesky seams (I hate seaming). So, thank you!

As for the yarn, it's not silk (like the pattern calls for) but it worked just fine, except the right side in front keeps pooching out. It's driving me just this side of crazy, but I still love the pattern, love the color and love that I was able to dig deep, deep in my memory banks (not to mention my stash) to figure out the crochet edging. Did I ever tell you about the time I crocheted Dave a queen-sized blanket? I knew two stitches: single crochet, double crochet. It was my last semester in college. Dave was in Salt Lake; I was in Provo. I hadn't learned to knit yet, so you can imagine the time on my hands. My mother lovingly dubbed the resulting blankie a giant potholder. The edges on this sweater are a bit more elegant. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it! It looks so nice on you..... you really did a nice job! I've been so torn about making another one b/c I'm now hating the yarn I used for my first one. Argh. Too many other things I wanna knit though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home