knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Friday, May 20, 2005

An Elephant Beret

Little knitting news to report. Work continues on the pinwheel. It continues to look much the same. When I knit it in public, people get very, very confused. "Is that a hat?" they say. Even though it's far past the point of being a suitable hat for anything smaller than an elephant. Yeah. That's it. I'm knitting an elephant beret!

In other knitting news: I've spent the entire morning figuring out what yarn/needles/pattern to pack for a four day weekend to San Francisco (weeeeee! San Francisco!). I've settled on some nice blue merino for a Summer VK scarf project and some handspun wool/mohair/silk stuff from Northern Idaho for Branching Out.

It makes me nervous to have only two projects, though I know there's very little chance I will complete them both and come Sunday afternoon be forced to rip my clothing into shreds to knit with. I hate packing. Almost as much as I hate flying. And I'm flying standby, so I'm having difficulty gauging just how afraid I should be (it would be such a waste to expend all this fearful energy if I'm not going to get on the plane...).

Anyway: Here's to hoping I get on the plane, that it makes it to San Francisco and that I brought the right projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home