knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Sunday, September 04, 2005

At a loss


Not my knitting. Not my bike. So why am I posting this?

First, I've been knitting my little fingers to the bone, but it's still all about Lucky and the last thing this world wide web needs is another photo of my partially finished cardigan.

Second, my husband gave me a nasty 24-hour flu bug just in time for Labor Day weekend. While today I can sit here and type (with a few breaks to go moan on the couch), there's no getting up to take a new picture. From 2 a.m. Saturday morning to 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon, I couldn't move. Not even from the couch in the living (which doesn't have a tv) to the couch in the family room (which does). I haven't been this sick since I was a kid. The Huz had the same sickness, only he got to take two days of sick time last week. But I? Here I am, two days into a precious three-day weekend, and I'm still feeling ishy. It's total crap. (Although that awesome hubby and carrier of the virus had already figured out the restorative powers of a cherry coke from Sonic, so he went and bought me one, along with a huge bag o' furzy yarn from Target because he knows I'm on a yarn diet. Awwww. What a sweety!)

And then there's all this Hurricane Katrina. I've been drawn to the coverage, horrified at the loss of the life, the loss of order, the loss of the beautiful buildings and funky culture. All while I lie helpless on my couch, trying not to throw up.

Now, back to the picture.

I took it earlier this summer for a pattern my knitting buddy I came up with and unsuccessfully submitted to Knitty. The bike is the knitting buddy's. So is the shrug and the lovely French Market bag. Maybe the rejected pattern (the shrug) will get posted on this blog one day...stay tuned. Now, excuse me while I go carry on with the "poor me" routine on the couch.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home