knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Friday, January 20, 2006

A Taste of Lace Leaf


I'll shoot to have picture of my lovely, finished, less-than-a-week (almost-in-a-weekend) Lace Leaf Pullover up this weekend. My work schedule has kept me from being home during daylight hours and I really want to capture the glorious, bright pink color. For now, you'll have to use your imagination with this hat as a prompt. (Or look take a gander at other knitter's lovely versions). The sweater is in Brown Sheep Lotus Pink, the same as the more obnoxious pink in this hat (which is why you get to see the snowshoe get up).

While you're waiting, check out mine and my coworkers catty jab at the stars of the Golden Globes earlier this week. I usually try to keep my work life completely separate from the creative, but as the Globes provided plenty of creative faux pas, I'm crossing the border.

And while I'm at it, an exchange in our mostly female corner of the office in response to a wire story on getting the perfect for a bra:

"Sure, you can find a bra that fits well...for $50!"

(Getting louder and more passionate).

"I'll use an Ace bandage before I'll spend $50 for a bra!"

"We shouldn't even have to buy bras! The government should issue them. Isn't that what we pay taxes for?"

Then, a glance over at our two, poor stunned male colleagues (the manly men who write about hunting and fishing).

Oopsy!
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home