knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Excuses

Why is this page so barren? Why must any visitors continue to revisit all the stuff I made for my holiday bazaar?

Is it because I'm lazy? Not knitting? Uninspired?

Nein, nein, Fraulein.

I have been knitting: I finished a sweater for the Mister, a gazzillon more Christmas presents and my very first right-handed mitten (it's on to the left, now). And, for part of my absence, I've never felt so inspired. Following the spirit of Brynne and Larissa, I branched out from knits and purls and made funky things with felted sweaters, crocheted pins, earrings (with matching knitted earring pouches, of course) and a whole lot of cookies. I have enough ideas left over to last me the rest of the year. Hopefully, in the coming days, I'll be detailing some of those ideas (and some of the projects I've already finished). I keep feeling if I'm not documenting it somewhere (like here), than it's not real.

Now to the excuses: Well, the holidays. We went to IF for Christmas then spent the remainder of the holiday visiting with D's various brothers.

Also, snowshoeing. I can knit in the car to and from the hills, but bringing the laptop is problematic (and causes car sickness).

And Alias. This is my latest TV-on-DVD fixation. We're only five episodes from the end of season one, so maybe after we knock those off tonight (because I know we will), I'll get in gear, post some knitting pictures, and start seriously focusing on documenting my creative life.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Brynne said...

Mmm... Cookies...

Oh, how I love to snowshoe! We even have a little trailer for John with skis on the bottom so we can drag him around with us. Why did I have to go and move to Houston again?

I'm looking forward to seeing your knits soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home