knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Monday, October 10, 2005

I, Slacker

I've guilted myself into posting tonight, even though I have little knitting news to report. It's Lucky's fault. That 62 inches of 1x1 rib is killing me, man. I pick it up (it's about 37 inches right now); I knit a few rows; I get antsy. And back it goes into its Ziploc bag for storage amongst the other knitting projects I've started but am not allowed to work on until I can do so wearing my finished yellow Lucky cardigan.

Do you feel my pain? If so, let me know...

On the bright side, this knitter's block is doing a great deal for my shopping life. I think I may have been to the mall a record four times in one week last week. Each time, I came home with something new, including five pair of shoes for Mr. Knitter. Yes, you heard that right. Five. Pair. Of black shoes. For $140. He's a deal shopper, my man, and such a girl sometimes (have I mentioned his treasured and lengthy bubble baths?), and I love it! He forbade me from mentioning the five-pair shopping spree, but I think my promise was negated when, less than a week later, he found his sixth pair ($10 Steve Madden black loafers at Famous Footwear). So, if you read this Mr. Knitter, I apologize.

At least I know I won't be sleeping in the doghouse tonight. It's full of black shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home