knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Monday, September 19, 2005

Woo! Hoo!


This post is all about the birthday booty. Witness: A brand new yellow cruiser that perfectly matches the nearing-completion Lucky (and that, folks, is all the knitting you'll get in this post). The actual big day isn't until tomorrow, but we celebrated this weekend. First, we went to the Cottonwood Grille (swanky, yet casual enough to serve French fries with the steamer clam appetizer). Then it was over to the mom-in-law's for dessert. While waiting for my lemon-blueberry crisp to be cut, I did what I always do when there's a free, on computer in the vicinity: Surfing blogs, reading Knitty and googling all my favorite yarns. Then the mom-i-l says: "Do you want ice cream on yours?" Now, I should have known this was a trick question, because when have I ever been known to turn down ice cream? But, like an unsuspecting sucker, I turned around to say, "Duh," and there, in the middle of the kitchen, sat the bike. I immediately had to take it for a few spins around the cul de sac, even though it was dark and the hubby hadn't hooked up the non-battery powered light. Weeeeee! My hubby knows how to do a birthday right!

The facts: It's a Tradewind Limited Del Sol cruiser, which means it has three speeds (so I can get back up the hill from downtown)and coaster brakes. Stay tuned to see it get baskets and other accessories. (I hope my mountain bike doesn't get too jealous). Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Brynne said...

Still catching up blogwise -- what a great bike! I long for the Bianchi cafe cruiser in celeste green -- someday, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home