knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's Tuesday

That's about all I can say about today. It was gray and rainy and my resolve to ride my bike to the library to take back Weatherman drizzled down to a nap on the couch instead.

Now, feeling oh-so-rested, I bring you these random tidings:

-- You can get a chance to be in a McDonald's ad or something by going here. Not that I support McDonalds in any way (except maybe in the way that the cup of Seattle's Best McDonald's coffee Katy at work gave me saved my life on Monday, the first day of work after springing forward).

-- This site helps you figure out how to deal with a bad boss. We've all had one of these at one time. (My worst boss: My very first one at Subway sandwiches. I got hired because I played the piano and chewed out on my first day for not having enough enthusiasm about the meatball sub).

-- And finally, the yummy-sounding cinnamon hot chocolate recipe I found while browing BHG:

3 cups skim milk
4 (3-1/2-inch) cinnamon sticks
12 ounces
bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Ground cinnamon, for dusting

Simmer the milk and the cinnamon sticks. Remove the cinnamon sticks and add the chocolate. Let stand for a couple of minutes, then whisk the chocolate until it melts. (The recipe calls for home whipped cream on top, but I'm not a fan of the stuff).

I'm hoping when I make myself a cup tonight that it's as good as the cuppa hot chocolate I had at the French Cafe on Sunday. Holy cow. It was enough to make one swear off coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home