knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Monday, January 30, 2006

Cupcake


When knitting projects fail, when life gets scary, when it rains and rains even though you live in the desert, then it's time to make cupcakes and make it all better. These are my version of the Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe from the January Martha. The recipe didn't call for frosting, but I added frosting (and pink frosting at that) because a cupcake just isn't a cupcake unless it's slathered in rich, buttery frosting. True to their name, these cupcakes are very cookie-ish and almost have the texture of a light bar cookie. I don't know if it's the recipe or my geriatric baking powder, but they didn't raise as much as I like. Still, their very cupcake nature made me feel better in what has been a topsy-turvy, upside down kind of month (with no end in sight). Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home