knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Jumping off


This week, I'm stretching my wings and jumping off. For starters, behold the tube top I'm knitting. Yes, a tube top. I'm not sure that I've ever even worn a tube top. And here I am, all cast on and almost a couple of inches in. This ring of green represents my Super Bowl knitting (I had started before, but made the rookie mistake of twisting the stitches and didn't realize it until I was an inch in).

It's from my beloved (and now well-worn) Knitscene magazine. I'm making it alongside my friend Jillian. It's her first tube top, too.

And it's a fair isle first for the both of us.

As if planning to knit a tube top isn't enough of a stretch, I may be changing jobs at work. I mean really changing jobs at work. The new job -- a job yet unheld by any soul -- would involve posting breaking news online in the wee hours of the morning. Like 6 a.m. But then, the work day would end at 3 p.m., leaving at least two hours to do any stealth knitting/yarn store shopping I might desire. I won't know until tomorrow whether the job is mine. It's very, very scary because I really do love what I'm doing now. But, as they say, you never know how great you'll look in a handknit wool tube top until you try it on.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home