knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thursday, February 16, 2006

V-Day Redux


I'll spare you the clapotis recap today (yep, it looks pretty much the same as yesterday, only a little bigger).

But since I love a good recap, here's mine for V-Day: Take out Thai and a movie, as planned. But instead of "Amelie," as we had discussed, the mister surprised me with a copy of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," my pick for best romantic movies in an article I did at work. Also, the sweetie made a card (watch out, Martha!) using a picture of a campfire we shared last summer. And, speaking of Martha, he gave me a subscription to her mag. How sweet!

As for me an my contribution, you're looking at it. A pair of socks out of the blessed Koigu in a distinctly manly color. The details: I cast on 66 and used the irregular rib pattern for the unisex sweater in Loop-d-Loop (k3, p3, k1, p2, k2,p3,k4,p4). Then I followed basic sock protocol (cuff, reinforced heel flap, cute little heel cup, gussetts, foot and rounded toe). In honor of the holiday, I finished it off with a little pink heart out of the same yarn as my Lace Leaf Pullover and Chocolate Dipped Pop Top Mitts. Now if that ain't romantic, I don't know what is. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home