knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Defeat

I'm feeling a little defeated today.

As expected, the library bond failed. I felt that inevitability all day, but especially at my polling place. Usually when I go to cast my vote, there's excitement in the air and a feeling of carmarderie amongst us voters. Not so yesterday. Besides me and the mister, the voting contingent consisted of a woman shrilly, defensively declaring "Of course I voted. I'm a librarian."

The grim faces of the rest of the much older voters didn't bode well for the measure that would raise taxes just a month before we'll be asked to raise our taxes for a school bond measure. I can't really blame them. Why should they be forced to pay for the new libraries we need due to all this growth? They probably haven't benefitted a whole lot from all these people flooding into the valley.

And a continuing note of defeat: I'm getting a little concerned about the tube top. I can't quite tell, but it seems it might fit around a much more robust person than me. The last thing a person wants is a saggy tube top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home