knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oh, Martha!

Now, you know I'm a big fan of all things crafting (otherwise, would I be spending my precious time off work knitting, writing about knitting, knitting while I'm writing about knitting, etc.). But I do have my limits.

I've found a couple in the February issue of "Martha Stewart Living."

First is a "Good Thing" that involves slipping slices of fruit and flower petals between sheets of translucent paper, photocopying the combo, then using the resulting paper to wrap gifts. Now, I'm aware that some people do have copiers in their homes. But I can't get the image out of my mind of surreptitiously photocopying fruit at work. Or hauling in produce and flower clippings to Kinkos. It really seems going above and beyond the call of crafting.

Second, also a "Good Thing," is instructions on how to make your accordion file folders pretty. This is not the craft for me. Yes, I own file folders. But I first need to learn how to use them before I go pasting them up with fabric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home