knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Presenting


This journal and knitted journal pouch with flower pin is on its way to Pocatello to be a graduation present even as I write.

Yep. There's a cash prize inside, too.

I know that the journal probably won't ever get cold enough to need a wool jacket, but I liked the idea of giving its words a little extra privacy. The details: I made it out of leftover Cascade 220 (from my Clapotis and some other mysterious project I can't remember).

I cast on three stitches, knit an I-cord, then did mirror increases until it was wide enough. Then I cast on twice as many stitches as I had plus 8 (for the sides), joined in the round, and knit until it fit. Then I did a three needle bind off (because I was too lazy for kitchener). Voila! Gift and bag all in one, with no pattern and no seaming.

That's enough to make it seem like a present for myself.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home