knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Monday, June 19, 2006

Best Deal Ever


This is my best Bath and Body Works deal ever. If there's anything I get more excited about than knitting, it's a good deal. And, boy, did I get one today. Let me explain:

I had an errand to run at the mall (really; there's a branch library there), so I thought I'd combine vehicle trips and take back this Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion I'd gotten as a "spend $10, get a free Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion" deal. I did not care for the scent. Neither did my husband. It needed to leave the house.

So me and the lotion went into B&BW, planning to exchange said lotion for either a Fig and Brown Sugar (which I like) or a Sweat Pea (which my sister likes). They had neither flavor (yes, I do mean "flavor") in the body creme, so I asked the manager lady if I could exchange it for something else. Well, it turns out I could exchange it for anything else worth $10.50.

For those of you who don't hit the mall or have been living in a closet, June is the big B&BW sale month. With $10.50 in credit, I hit the jackpot. I exchanged my "hold my nose" lotion for a Lavender Mimosa Aromatherapy (one of my favorites) and a Rosemary Peppermint Foot Creme (another fave).

But wait, I still have .50 leftover. And a coupon in my purse for a free Mentha lip gloss with any purchase. So I snagged a 75 percent off Pear Blossom bubble bath (we're big into those at our house) for $2.37. With my credit, I was out-of-pocket $1.87.

Yes, that means I got $45 worth of fabulous, delightful B&BW product for $1.87. That's like 94 percent off or something.

I hereby declare June B&BW month!

(Too bad blogs don't do smellovision).
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home