knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One good thing

Let me preface this post by saying I've had a really bad day. The kind of day when the windshield repair people fail to show up after canceling once last week and then cannot be reached. At all. I'm leaving on a trip in a couple of days. I called last week. I hate, hate, hate them.

But that, my friends, is not the cause for this post. This post, whether you realize it or not, is a happy one.

After walking home in the wilting heat, feeling dejected, feeling like the whole day, nay, the whole summer is shot, I found a package from Amazon on my doorstep.

At first, I thought the hubby must have ordered himself up something. But wait, it was addressed to me! I know I didn't order anything....

That's right, my secret pal did! I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new copy of "One Skein," a book I've most desired, a book that the auto glass people can sleep a little sounder tonight because the murderous rage in my heart melted at the sight of cabled footies and petal bibs and candywrapper sachets.

Here's a big, fat, exuberant "thank you" to my secret pal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home