knitter next door

How I became a girl who can't say no to knitting (and other musings on obsession) esimnitt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fashioning


I've got a new project in mind for the blog, this time dealing with fashion. It all begin last Fall when I purchased these Born beauties for $12 on super-duper Clearance at Dillards.

Well, maybe that's not the exact point that I became a mallie obsessed with all those beautiful 75 percent off sale signs. But sometime in the last year, it happened. I suddenly acquired a wardrobe with which I can put together infinite combinations (well, maybe not infinite).

I'd like to chronicle these combinations because I'm a firm believer that we are what we wear (just as much as what we eat). I'm no artist (and no photographer for the matter), but I love, love, love to think about how to combine colors and textures and shoes and shirts and jackets and vintage pins into ensembles. Really, it's a good 50 percent or more of the reason I get up each day to go to work.

All I'm doing now is taking pictures and giving the brief history of each outfit. At a minimum, it should fill the blog in between my slow-to-progress knitting projects.

And since its nearly fall and fashion season, there's no time better to begin.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home